Letting Everyone Achieve Dreams (LEAD)
prepares underserved middle school students
for leadership and success in high school and beyond
LEADing and Serving during the Coronavirus
Our students are hungry, living without technology, and lacking resources. LEAD is committed to being a resource to our families.
- We make calls to learn the basic needs of our LEADers and their households.
- We deliver meals to the doorsteps of our LEADers. It is heartwarming to see their smiling eyes and faces. Many thanks to Wolfe & Wine Co. and Blessings in a Backpack for their gracious donations!
- We reduce the digital divide by providing laptops and hotspots to households living without the tools to participate or complete their school work. Thanks to Comp-U-Dopt and our generous donors for making this possible!
- We share CDC recommendations and safety measures to keep families informed.
Now more than ever - our LEADers need us. Give Today!
Connecting and Spreading Joy
We are grateful to connect with many of our LEADers via Zoom while they are not in school.
Kyah (pictured above) submitted a video as part of our weekly online challenge. Her message reminds us to wash our hands and use hand sanitizer during the pandemic.
Mentoring sessions and social emotional learning (SEL) classes take place throughout the week. LEADers are expressing themselves and enjoying the opportunity to see their friends (virtually).
Some of these topics include:
- What in the world? Life during COVID - 19
- Finding Joy
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Casting a Vision and Setting Goals
- Kindness and Compassion
- Staying Motivated: Identifying Your Why
- Presenting Yourself: Your Place in the World
Our time together reduces stress, provides opportunities for engagement, and impacts the well-being of our LEADers.